At Greater Bank, we're committed to doing all we can to working with our customers to protect their financial health. If you're experiencing hardship, we encourage our customers to contact us as soon as possible.

What type of assistance is available?

Assistance is determined on an individual basis.  This may be for a short, medium or longer period of time depending on your circumstances.

Examples of options that may be available are:

- Using advance funds on a loan (if available) to take a ‘repayment holiday’

- Converting to Interest only

- Payment arrangement

- Deferring or reducing repayments for an agreed period of time

What information is required?

Greater Bank may require you to complete a Statement of Financial Position and include supporting evidence such as proof of income and expenditure, bank statements or medical information.

The Collections officer will provide you with the information that is required.

Will I still receive calls and letters, etc while assistance is in place?

Once we are aware of your financial difficulty we will suspend collections activity whilst we are assessing your situation.

If we agree to provide you with hardship assistance and you comply with the terms of the arrangement, there will be no collections activity during the approved assistance period.

Can someone else negotiate on my behalf?

Yes, with a signed Third Party authority we can discuss and negotiate a solution with your nominated representative.

In addition, we also would encourage you to seek advice from a Financial Counsellor as they are qualified and experienced to assist those in financial difficulty.

What happens if I am not satisfied with Greater Bank's response?

If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to our Internal Dispute Committee or to our External Dispute Resolution provider, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). Subject to the dates referred to below, any of these bodies may forward your complaint to another external dispute resolution body if it considers the complaint would be better handled by that other body.

Who can you complain to? When you can complain to them

Credit & Investments Ombudsman

Online: www.cio.org.au

Email: info@cio.org.au

Phone: 1800 138 422

Mail: Credit and Investments Ombudsman
        Reply Paid 252
        South Sydney NSW 1234

Up to and including 31 October 2018

Australian Financial Complaints Authority

Online: www.afca.org.au

Email: info@afca.org.au

Phone: 1800 931 678

Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority
        GPO Box 3
        Melbourne VIC 3001

On or after 1 November 2018

Office of the Australian Information Commissioner

Online: www.oaic.gov.au

Email: enquiries@oiac.gov.au

Phone: 1300 363 992

Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
        GPO Box 5218
        Sydney NSW 2001