Your career - your privacy
Your career - your privacy
This policy outlines how we handle the personal information (including sensitive information) of persons applying for a position with Greater Bank. This policy should be read together with our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy. To the extent of any inconsistency between this policy and our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy, this policy prevails.
This policy is effective as at 20 May 2019. Sometimes we will update this policy and/or our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy. You can always find the most up-to-date version:
- of this policy - on our website at www.greater.com.au/careers/your-privacy;
- of our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy - on our website at www.greater.com.au/legal/privacy-policy,
or request a copy free of charge by visiting any of our branches or by contacting us on 1300 651 400.
This policy covers Greater Bank Limited ABN 88 087 651 956 and references to “Greater Bank”, “our”, “us” or “we” refer to Greater Bank Limited ABN 88 087 651 956.
1. What personal information do we collect and hold about you?
The types of personal information we may collect and hold about you include:
- information about your identity and your contact details - for example, your name, residential address, e-mail address and telephone numbers;
- your employment and occupation details (including your employment history);
- information about your education, training and qualifications;
- information about your professional memberships;
- records of your contact and correspondence with us during the course of the recruitment process; and
- other information we think is necessary.
We may also collect sensitive information (which is a type of personal information and includes information about your criminal record, your health and memberships of a professional or trade association) about you. If we wish to collect this information we will ask for your permission (unless the law does not require us to do so).
2. How is your personal information collected?
Most of your personal information will be collected directly from you. For example, we collect your information when you apply for a position with us.
In some circumstances, we may need to obtain personal information about you from others. For example, we may collect information about you from:
- current and/or previous employers (for example, to confirm your employment and income details);
- publicly available sources of information, such as public registers, social media, LinkedIn and other online networks or platforms;
- any referees you provide;
- professional bodies, educational bodies or other training organisations (for example, to confirm your qualifications, education, training and professional memberships); and
- our service providers and other third parties, such as organisations or persons that verify health information you may provide, companies that provide identity verification services and agencies that conduct criminal record checks and provide criminal record reports.
3. How do we use and share your personal information?
We use and share your personal information so that we can consider your application for a position with Greater Bank.
We may use and share your information so we can:
- confirm your identity and undertake due diligence in relation to you (for example, to confirm your tax and employment status and conduct employee due diligence for anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing purposes);
- consider your application (including your suitability) for any position with us (including checking references, confirming your employment and income details, qualifications, education, training and professional memberships and health information you may provide and arranging for criminal record checks to be conducted);
- process your application for any position with us;
- contact you and manage our relationship with you regarding the recruitment process; and
- comply with laws, regulations and codes that bind us, including the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), and assist government or law enforcement agencies.
We may also use or share your information for other reasons where the law allows or requires us to do so (for example, a court, tribunal or external dispute resolution ruling or rule), or for any other purpose you have consented to.
4. What if you don’t want to provide us with your personal information or provide us with incomplete or the wrong information?
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to consider your application for a position with us.
It is important that you be honest with us in your application and during the recruitment process. Incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information (or a material omission) may result in:
- your application being excluded from the recruitment process;
- your offer of appointment being withdrawn; or
- disciplinary or other action, up to and including termination (if you have already commenced employment or been offered a position with us by the time Greater Bank discovers the information is incomplete, inaccurate or misleading).
5. Who do we share your personal information with?
Where permitted under the Privacy Act, we may share your personal information with third parties, including:
- your current and/or previous employers (for example, to confirm your employment), or any other person we need to verify your information with (including your referees);
- professional bodies, educational bodies or other training organisations (for example, to confirm your qualifications, education, training and professional memberships);
- businesses and other persons who provide services to us (for example, organisations or persons we use to verify your identity or any health information you may provide, pre-employment screening agencies and agencies that conduct criminal record checks and provide criminal record reports); and
- statutory authorities, government departments and agencies, external dispute resolution services, any court and law enforcement agencies and/or regulators.
In some circumstances, we may require your consent before being able to share your personal information.
Sending personal information outside of Australia
We may need to share some of your personal information with organisations overseas (or organisations that have overseas or cloud-based data access or storage). For further information, see part 5 of our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy.
6. How do we hold and protect your personal information?
If you are successful in being offered employment with Greater Bank, the information collected during the recruitment process will become part of your permanent employee file.
If you are unsuccessful in your application for any position with Greater Bank, the personal information you provide to us will be retained for up to 24 months for future reference by Greater Bank should any suitable roles arise. After a period of 24 months we will take reasonable steps to ensure that this information is destroyed or de-identified. You may make a written request to us that your personal information be destroyed at any time.
In either case, we or third party service providers on our behalf may store your personal information in hard copy, digital or electronic records. The security of your personal information is important, and we take reasonable steps to ensure that all your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Your personal information is only accessed by persons involved in, or who assist us with, the recruitment process. For further information on how we will hold and protect your personal information, see part 7 of our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy.
7. How can you access, correct or update personal information, or make a complaint?
You have the right to access, and ask that we correct, the personal information we hold about you, or make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information. You can do this in accordance with the processes set out in parts 9 – 11 of our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy.
8. How can you contact us?
You can contact us in any of the following ways:
At any of our branches
1300 651 400 (Monday – Friday 8am – 5:30pm and Saturdays 8am – 1pm)