Greater Bank Ltd (ABN 88 087 651 956) collects information from applicants who apply for employment. Greater Bank does this in order to identify, process and administer your application. Greater Bank is committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988.
From the information you provide to Greater Bank, your suitability for employment with us will be assessed. If you do not provide Greater Bank with the information requested your application may not be processed.
Greater Bank will treat your information with the utmost care and confidentiality and would only disclose your information to a third party, for example an employment screening agency, if it was necessary to further progress your application. In addition, your information will only be disclosed to those involved in the recruitment process.
Due to the financial nature of our organisation, you should be aware that Greater Bank will conduct checks that are relevant to the position you are applying for. These checks may include:
- - employment verification;
- - identity verification;
- - references;
- - professional association memberships;
- - registration bodies (including ASIC Banned and Disqualified Persons);
- - qualifications; and
- - Police background checks.
If you are identified as the preferred candidate Greater Bank will;
- - Confirm referee contact details and consult with you regarding appropriate time to contact these referees.
- - Ask you to complete and sign a Consent Form, so Greater Bank may confirm information you have provided throughout the application process.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, the information you provide to us will be retained for up to 24 months for future reference by Greater Bank should any suitable positions arise. After a period of 24 months the information will be destroyed or de-identified. You may request in writing for your information to be to be destroyed at any time.
If you are successful in being offered employment with Greater Bank, the information collected during the recruitment process will become part of your permanent employee file.
Trust is important to us. It is imperative that you to be honest with us in your application. Inaccurate or misleading information (or omission) may result in:
- - Your application being excluded from consideration
- - Your offer of appointment being withdrawn; or
- - Disciplinary or other action, up to and including termination of my appointment (if your application has already been accepted by the time Greater Bank discovers the information is incomplete, inaccurate or misleading)